Electrical Installations Accreditation Body
Derby, Matlock, Buxton, Ilkeston, Chesterfield, Ashbourne
Circa £52,000 per annum Basic Salary + Company Car or Car Allowance + Home Office Allowance + 10% Pension + Health Insurance
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a high level of knowledge and understanding of domestic and commercial electrical installations
- A strong electrical supervisor with a knowledge of BS 7671 and related codes of practice
- Fantastic opportunity to work with a wide and varied customer base for a renowned market leader
The Company recruiting for the Electrical Assessor:
- The company is a ‘not for profit’ organisation and pride themselves on being a fair employer to work for.
- They have been in business for over 60 years and are extremely proud to be a Best Company to Work For. This demonstrates how important their people are and recognises everything they do to make sure their people have a working experience that’s the best it can be.
- The company’s mission is to make a positive difference to their customers and their people, and to provide a service that’s second to none.
The Role of the Electrical Assessor:
- You will be responsible for certifying and assessing electrical installations and contractors in your local area.
- You will ensure that contractors and installers are complying to the relevant codes of practice for installations; specifically, BS 7671 and the 18th edition. Should work fall short of these standards, you will implement improvements and corrections to ensure that current and future work meets these standards.
- 50% of the role will be dealing with sole traders, and 50% will be dealing with larger national and regional contractors.
- Building lasting relationships
- Mon – Fri role, 35 hours per week
The Candidate for the Electrical Assessor:
- You’ll need to have an excellent understanding of electrical installations and related codes of practice, specifically BS 7671 and a current 18th edition qualification.
- Additionally, holding a further electrical qualification at NVQ level 4 or equivalent would be of significant interest too.
- You’ll hold an 18th Edition qualification as well as C&G 2391 OR C&G 2394 & C&G 2395
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 3 or above (or equivalent) in an electrical discipline
- Holding a C&G 2396, C&G ‘C’ level electrical certificate, C&G 2400, Electrical ONC, or Electrical HNC will be extremely advantageous
- Ideally, you will have been a Qualified Electrical Supervisor, or have an Electrical teaching background
- You’ll need excellent communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with contractors and independent traders
- A full UK driving licence is essential
The Package for the Electrical Assessor:
- Circa £52,000 per annum basic salary
- 10% Company pension
- 35 hours per week
- Company car or car allowance
- Home office allowance
- Private health scheme
- Life assurance
- Professional membership fees
- Up to 3 days of flexible leave
- Up to 5 days of special leave for emergencies
- 25 days holiday plus statutory Bank/Public holidays (Rising by 1 per year to maximum of 30)
- 3 additional days for Christmas/New Years shutdown period
Please apply for this job online if you are interested meet the above criteria.