MCS Engineer & Assessor – Heat Pump & Solar PV
Renewable Energy Installations Accreditation Body
Birmingham, Worcester, Coventry
Self Employed Role; £310 per day + Benefits
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong understanding of heating and plumbing.
- Chance for a strong Level 3 Heating & Plumbing engineer to progress their career
- Fantastic opportunity to work with a wide and varied customer base for a renowned market leader
The Company recruiting for the MCS Engineer & Assessor:
- The company is a ‘not for profit’ organisation and pride themselves on being a fair employer to work for.
- They have been in business for over 60 years and are extremely proud to be a Best Company to Work for.
- This demonstrates how important their people are and recognises everything they do to make sure their people have a working experience that’s the best it can be.
- The company’s mission is to make a positive difference to their customers and their people, and to provide a service that’s second to none.
The Role of the MCS Engineer & Assessor:
- In this role you will be working from home and managing your own territory, looking after the domestic and commercial sectors.
- Ensure contractors and installers are complying to the expected codes of practice.
- Carrying out assessments for all registered MCS engineers and renewable energy installers.
- Evaluate the work and resources of applicants looking to join the scheme as well as those who are already registered.
- Building ongoing relationships with applicants, contractors and professional bodies will be a large part of the role.
- There is currently 2-3 days work per week available.
The Candidate for the MCS Engineer & Assessor:
- You’ll need to have a very strong understanding of renewable energy installations and related codes of practice.
- Additionally, holding a membership with IET, IEE or CIBSE or equivalent would be of significant interest too.
- You’ll hold a Level 3 qualification in Heating & Plumbing
- Good understanding of Heat Pumps; ground and air source
- Solar PV experience is beneficial but can be trained
- Strong energy installers looking to progress should also apply
- Be personable and able to build relationships
- Candidates with an energy teaching background are very much advised to apply
- A full UK driving licence is essential
The Package for the MCS Engineer & Assessor:
- Self-employed role paying £310 per day
- Up to £85 per night for any out of area assessments requiring a hotel stay
- £0.2p per mile for any ‘round-trips’ in excess of 140 miles in a day.
Please apply for this job online if you are interested meet the above criteria.